Below you will find a compiled list of links to asynchronous learning resources on Disaster, International, and Prehospital themed topics. The Non-FOAM section links directly through the university library so that once you are logged in, it will take you directly to that chapter of the ebook. EBMedicine.net articles are available for free through EMRA benefit. By no means is this list exhaustive and if you know of other resources that would be educational, please add your comments below!
NON-FOAM: Disaster, International, and Prehospital
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 8e:
Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Eighth Edition:
- Chapter 190: Emergency Medical Services: Overview and Ground Transport
- Chapter 191: Air Medical Transport
- Chapter 192: Tactical Emergency Medical Support and Urban Search and Rescue
- Chapter 193: Disaster Preparedness
- Chapter 194: Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Air Transport Of The Critically Ill Emergency Department Patient
- Current Emergency Medical Services Guidelines: Traumatic Cardiopulmonary Arrest And Prehospital Airway Management
FOAM: Disaster, International, and Prehospital
- Core EM: Disaster Management + ID Topics
- SMACC: The Impromptu Immediate Responder: Christina Hernon
- ICN: Disaster Planning for Dummies
- Free Emergency Medicine Talks has a series of talks on International EM
- Core EM: Emergency Medicine in India
- emDOCs.net has a great list of FOAM resources on EMS/Prehospital topics!
If you have additional resources to add to the list, please share in the comment section below!