University of Florida College of Medicine-Jacksonville Department of Emergency Medicine
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion in medicine and medical education. We created this scholarship to encourage and promote fourth year medical students from underrepresented backgrounds to rotate at the UF Health Emergency Department in Jacksonville, Florida.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Please submit the following via email to Dr. Alexandra Mannix (Alexandra.Mannix@jax.ufl.edu)
What do I need to apply?
- Letter of Intent explaining “Why do I want to train in Emergency Medicine?” and “Why do I qualify for this scholarship?” (1 page maximum)
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Support from Medical School faculty member
- Step 1 Score
- Unofficial transcript
Who can apply?
- Currently enrolled full-time 3rd year medical students applying to 4th year electives in Emergency Medicine
- Good academic standing at a U.S. accredited medical school
- Individuals belonging to a group considered underrepresented in medicine (Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, and LGBTQ+)
- U.S. Citizens or permanent residents
HOW ARE THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS SELECTED?
The scholarship winners will be selected by a committee of Emergency Medicine faculty and residents based on submission of a completed application packet including letter of intent, CV, and letter of recommendation by the stated due date.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
2022-2023 Application Cycle: April 15, 2022
All students are also required to apply for a rotational experience through VSAS!
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The two medical students selected will receive dormitory housing and a meal stipend during their 4 week rotation.
For information regarding applying or for questions, please email Dr. Alexandra Mannix (Assistant Clerkship Director) Alexandra.Mannix@jax.ufl.edu